Monday, August 20, 2007

Fran's Friday Challenge

Friday, Fran showed up at The Stamping Pad with her Friday Challenge. She came bearing an embossed "Happy Birthday Collage" by Hero Arts image, a piece of red card stock, a piece of patterned washi paper, a piece of white rice paper and a small zigzag cut red card strip.
I was having a hard time coming up with a card, so I put it to the side until Sunday. When I picked it up on Sunday, it all came to me! I would water color the white rice paper and the collage image- I am so brilliant- not- I'm sure Shirlee knew what to do with challenge right from the get go.

I started with water coloring the rice paper with red, purple, and a hint of yellow. While that was drying, I moved on to the collage image. I used the same colors with the addition of green ( which is also present in the washi paper). I tied a piece of gold fiber around the top of the rice paper and adhered it to black card stock. I then cut the zigzag paper down to the size of the washi paper and layered both of these to the bottom left corner of the card. The collage image was layered onto the red card stock and then I pop dotted it onto the card. The final steps were to use gold liquid pearls to dot the zigzag paper, and yellow stickles to high light the butterfly, jacket and happy birthday on the Collage image.

No comments: