Tuesday, August 21, 2007

CPS Challenge #27

Look at me! I did a cute card- and it wasn't hard at all. This is my attempt at the CPS Challenge #27 http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/ I just love their weekly card sketches - it gives you a new layout to try every week.
This one is made with: Light Teal card stock and scraps from my stash ( which is getting smaller thanks to my new policy of using scraps) The Monkey image is an old stamp by "Dots" that was given to me,-the Happy Birthday is a "Hero Arts" image, the leaves are from "A Muse".
I stamped the Monkey with Versa Fine "Onyx Black". Colored it in with Prisma Pencils and then inked the edges with Color Box "Blue Iris". I layered it on yellow, lime green, and navy blue card stock. I randomly stamped the leaves with Color Box "Lime Pastel" on the light Teal card stock and clear Stickles them. The Happy Birthday is stamped in "Blue Iris" on yellow and then layered onto a scrap piece of teal. I then adhered it to a chip board circle.
After playing with different ribbons, I decided on this very loud yellow and lime green ribbon ( don't ask me where it came from- or why I have held on to it...) but it works on this card! The 3 eyelets where an after thought- you know- this needs a little something- and ta-da, there they are.
Well- I'm off to do the pack out inspection with the moving company and the roof guy should show up soon. I hope I get to stamp some today!

3 comments:

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card, love what you did with the CPS sketch!!

. said...

super cute card! Christine

Clare said...

Cute card - love that monkey!